Our Terms & Conditions
These Terms govern the use of the African Law Experts Website (site/us) by both visitors and client firms or lawyers whose profiles are listed on this site. African Law Experts vets all listed profiles to verify validity, and reserves the right to refuse to post a listing or to delete a listing, at our discretion, if the firm/lawyer fails to comply with our Terms & Conditions as stipulated on this page.
By accessing the site, you invariably agree to the terms and conditions under which which it is operated. Please read them carefully.
The said Terms and Conditions gives an explanation as to the contractual agreement between you and us in regards to your use of the site and any activities and transactions that may be conducted through the site. Per these Terms and Conditions, the words “you” and “your” refer to any person accessing data through the site, and the words “site”, “we”, “us” and “our” makes reference to JuriAfrica/JuriAfrique and African Law Experts Portals, all products under Africa Law Report.
- The service on these portals referenced supra is provided to you for your personal use and subject to these Terms and Conditions.
- You may not sell on or sublet the services or any content contained in the service on the Website.
- The Website may only be used for lawful purposes.
- The Website cannot be used to transmit defamatory, offensive or abusive material and or material of an obscene or menacing character.
- Again, the site cannot be used to transmit material in breach of copyright or other intellectual property right or in contravention any laws governing Websites and Website Content.
- Take note that, we accept no liability for any services or other material provided to you via the Website where such services and or material is provided by third parties who provide content to the service or whose services and or materials are hypertext linked from and to the website.
- The Website may not be used to transmit any material (including viruses) which is likely to cause harm to our or anyone else’s computer systems.
- It is agreed for you to indemnify fully and to hold us indemnified from and against any claim brought by a third party resulting from your use of the website and in respect of all losses, costs, actions, claims, expenses or liabilities whatsoever suffered or incurred directly by us in consequence of your breach or non-observance of these terms.
The right to refuse access to the Website is entirely at our discretion and we reserve that right absolutely.
We disclaim all liabilities in regards to:
- Incompatibility of the Website with any of your equipment, software or telecommunications links;
- Technical problems including errors or interruptions of the Website;
- Unsuitability, unreliability or inaccuracy of the Website; and
- Inadequacy of the Website to meet your requirements.
- To the full extent allowed by applicable laws, you concur that we will not be liable to you or any third party for any consequential or incidental damages (including but not limited to loss of revenue, loss of profits, loss of anticipated savings, wasted expenditure, loss of privacy and loss of data) or any other indirect, special or punitive damages whatsoever that arise out of or are related to the Website.
Users of our site may submit material for publication on various platforms in respect of the Portals under Africa Law Report (JuriAfrica/JuriAfrique and African Law Experts). We however, accept no liability in respect of any material submitted by users and published by us and we are not responsible for its content and accuracy.
If you undertake to submit material for publication on any of the Portals product of Africa Law Report, same may be done subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Any material you submit to us for publication must meet our Editorial Guidelines or shall be formatted to meet same.
- It will be at our sole discretion to publish any material you submit to us. We reserve the right to make additions or deletions to the text or graphics prior to publication, or to refuse publication.
- You grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide license to republish any material you submit to us in any format, including without limitation print and electronic format.
- You warrant to us that any material you submit to us is your own original work, unless otherwise stated and that you own the copyright and any other relevant rights.
- You warrant to us that the material you submit is not obscene, offensive, defamatory of any person or otherwise illegal.
- You concur not to post material which is deliberately intended to upset others.
- You acknowledge that any breach of these warranties may cause us damage or loss and you agree to indemnify us in full and permanently against any third-party liabilities, claims, costs, loss or damage we incur as a result of publishing material you submit to us, including consequential losses.
- We reserve the right to remove your access to individual services completely if we believe you are abusing the services in any way.
Interactions with our site are governed by the following guidelines. You will be deemed to consent to these guidelines if you choose to post any content or comments to the site.
- We appreciate that we have an international audience, but since we publish content in English for the English Portals and French for the French Portal, the language of conversation on these portals should the English for the English Portals and then French for the French Portal. As such, contributions that cannot be understood by the majority of participants may be removed.
- We will remove any content that may put us in legal jeopardy, such as potentially libellous or defamatory postings, or material posted in potential breach of copyright. It is understood that you may wish to quote from external sources, but please try and refrain from copying and pasting extensively as same may lead to copyright problems. It is definitely preferable to post short quotes or synopsis and links to original articles.
- We will remove any posts that are obviously commercial or otherwise spam-like. There are technology features in place, which can help to identify spam in content or delivery form and prevent it from being published on the site, but may slip through.
Unless otherwise noted, the content of the Portals under Africa Law Report including all images, illustrations, designs. Icons, photographs, video clips and written materials are protected by copyright, trademarks, database and other intellectual property rights. You may not reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or use for commercial purposes, any material or content without our written permission.
Neither party shall be liable to the other, for any loss or damage which may be suffered by the other party due to any cause beyond the first party’s reasonable control including and without limitation to any power failure and actions of internet service providers and users.
Any failure by us to exercise or enforce any right conferred shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any such right nor operate so as to bar the exercise or enforcement thereof or of any other right on any later occasion.
We reserve the absolute right to vary these terms from time to time.
These Terms and Conditions shall be construed in accordance with, and the provision of the services on all the Portals under Africa Law Report shall be governed by the relevant Laws of the United States of America.
If any provision under these Terms and Conditions is found to be inconsistent with the relevant applicable laws by any court of competent jurisdiction, the inconsistency of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions, which shall remain in force and effect.
We will respect your personal information and shall comply with all relevant Data Protection Laws in respect of same.
You give consent that all personal data you submit may be processed and retained by us in accordance with all the relevant Data Protection Laws. We will not disclose or make available such data to any other party.
A person who is not a party to these Terms and Conditions shall have no right under the contract to enforce any term under these Terms and Conditions but this shall not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available according to law.
The portals are owned and operated by Africa Law Report registered under the Laws of the United States of America.
- We automatically collect some information when you visit the site because your IP address needs to be recognised by our server. We may use this information to analyse how different parts of our site are used. We do not identify users in this sort of research and we do not collect cookies.
- If you decide to purchase any services that we may offer, then we will need to collect financial information necessary to conduct such a transaction. The information that is collected may be used to check your qualifications for registration, to bill you for products and services, or other purposes. We do not share Financial information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide you with any product or service that you may have purchased.
- We will collect and retain personally identifiable information to the extent that it is strictly necessary for our legitimate business purposes.
- We may use contact details to send information about your company and promotional material from other companies. Your contact details are also used to contact you when necessary.
- We may use non-personally identifiable demographic information in connection with our advertisers and other service partners.
- We will never willfully sell or rent for consideration any personally identifiable information about you or your business to any third party without first receiving your permission. However, we may use information you make publicly available on your website.
- This Service may contain links to other Web sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites. We may make chat rooms, forums, message boards, and or new groups available on the site. Please take note that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
- We will disclose to you your contact details held by us when we receive a written request from you. We will correct or delete inaccurate information, and notify any third-party recipients of the necessary changes. We regularly delete data which is no longer required.
- Cancellations can only be made within 7 working days after receiving the invoice.
60 East 42nd street
NY, NY 10165